Who We Are:
A collection of some of the most strategic minds in B2B
When people ask what it’s like to be a “Slacker,” there is no easy answer. The people and projects vary tremendously. People here are both thinkers and doers. They come from a multitude of backgrounds and bring expertise across disciplines and industries—including, healthcare, food and beverage ingredients, industrial manufacturing, software, technology, financial services, and many others. This collection of talent—analytical and artistic, curious and collaborative, passionate and energetic—is what makes working at Slack and Company both fascinating and fun. It’s also what keeps our clients coming back and new clients knocking on our door. With such diversity, our goal is to connect one innovative world-changing business with another—quickly, deeply and with value for all.
Is this the right fit?
We’re looking for a media manager with some experience in negotiating, buying and reporting on media programs. Ideally, there’s a mix of publisher-direct and programmatic/network display advertising, and another area of media – performance media, search, e-mail, print, etc. We ask our media professionals to own all the media executions for specific clients, putting them in a position to optimize specific executions and overall programs. Our clients have a variety of goals – awareness, leads, traffic, downloads – and that requires multi-channel and multi-touch programs. If you can juggle several important things at once, can spot opportunities as they arise and can pivot based on what the reports tell you, this is the right fit for you.
The Media Manager oversees the execution of paid media (including SEM) and direct response (including email) campaigns and periodic reporting. This includes research, negotiation, buying, bidding, vendor management and project management. Additionally, the Media Manager will work closely with the Chief Digital Officer, the VP/Director of Demand Generation Strategy and the VP/Media Director to ensure all measurement elements are planned and put in place during campaigns.
Your background and strengths:
- Two to five years of media experience, preferably and understanding of B2B marketing
- Natural curiosity and love of learning
- Speed and versatility: comfort in working at a fast pace environment
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- A solid knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft suite. Google analytics is a plus.
- Steeped in the latest offline and online (desktop, tablet and mobile) marketing tactics
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Well-developed communication skills—including ability to articulate media initiatives and rationale to other team members and clients
If this sounds like you, give Monika a holler at email@example.com
Please be sure to include your cover letter, resume and a few of your best writing samples.