Who We Are:
Slack and Company, an award-winning integrated marketing communications agency, is currently seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join our IT support team with an interest in solving complex technical issues in a creative environment. You've got to be sharp, people- and team-oriented, self-motivated, and a proven problem solver. Having fun is part of the job description, so bring your enthusiasm and zest for doing a great job.
We're passionate about marketing and the clients we work with. We help industry leaders in food and beverage, packaging, social media, telecom, manufacturing, construction, online commerce, technology and more build strong business brands and generate profitable return on investment.
What You Will Be Doing:
This role will assist in maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and networks for our business. You will collaborate with team members across all departments to address and fulfill their technical requirements from start to finish; including software installations and updates, hardware repairs, printing and network access.The IT Intern will report to our IT Director and work with members of the Digital Strategy team to maintain helpdesk support satisfaction.
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Test and evaluate new technology for the business.
- Collaborate with the IT Director and other members of the Agency team to understand and improve the IT workflow
- Monitor, track and process helpdesk tickets and provide reporting to the IT Director improve
What are we looking for?
- Hungry, go-getter approach to life and work
- Have a massive ability to multitask on various projects/assignments
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Ability to focus on both the details and the big picture
- Possess an intense attention to detail
- No fear of deadlines
- Have a willingness to dig in, stay late and get the job done for the benefit of the team
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
- Cisco knowledge
- Aruba knowledge
- Hardware and software experience
- Canon and HP printer experience
- Mac and WIN knowledge
- Agency experience
- Microsoft O365 knowledge
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience
If you are interested in IT and trying to break into the field, apply today!
Applicants should be familiar with the many aspects of computer and network troubleshooting, especially for MAC and WIN laptops.
If this sounds like you, give Monika a holler at email@example.com
Please be sure to include your cover letter, resume and a few of your best work samples.