Who We Are:
A collection of some of the most strategic minds in B2B
When people ask what it’s like to be a “Slacker,” there is no easy answer. The people and projects vary tremendously. People here are both thinkers and doers. They come from a multitude of backgrounds and bring expertise across disciplines and industries—including, healthcare, food and beverage ingredients, industrial manufacturing, software, technology, financial services, and many others. This collection of talent—analytical and artistic, curious and collaborative, passionate and energetic—is what makes working at Slack and Company both fascinating and fun. It’s also what keeps our clients coming back and new clients knocking on our door. With such diversity, our goal is to connect one innovative world-changing business with another—quickly, deeply and with value for all.
Is this the right fit?
We’re looking for a technical content strategist, ideally someone with food science, nutrition and /or general science writing experience. As a technical content strategist, you’ll bring clarity and interest to the copywriting for a food and beverage industry client. This is a great opportunity to really jump in and learn not only about the client’s products, but also their business and the food and beverage industry at large.
We need someone who can digest complex and detailed information quickly, to create clear and compelling content. You’ll have access to subject matter experts and be able to interview them, as well as do some digging into issues and ideas on your own. Although much of the information you encounter will be technical, you’ll truly succeed by seeing the larger picture and connecting to human needs and emotions.
- Develop compelling creative content for online, video, print, podcasts and other communication channels, based on the creative brief
- Take direction, digest research and other materials, and deliver copy that is on strategy and reflective of feedback
- Provide quality assurance of all deliverables, including some proofreading
- Present to internal teams and clients
- Contribute to the culture of the creative team
- Bring in new ideas, over and above assigned projects
Your background and strengths:
- Five to seven years of writing experience, preferably in B2B and especially in food//nutrition/science-related industries
- Natural curiosity and love of learning
- Speed and versatility: comfort in working at a fast pace creating online and offline content, videos and other forms of interactive communication
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- A solid knowledge of Mac OS, MS Word, PowerPoint and Acrobat
- Steeped in the latest offline and online (desktop, tablet and mobile) marketing tactics
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Well-developed communication skills—including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and clients
If this sounds like you, give Monika a holler at email@example.com
Please be sure to include your cover letter, resume and a few of your best writing samples.