Who We Are:
A collection of some of the most strategic minds in B2B
When people ask what it’s like to be a “Slacker,” there is no easy answer. The people and projects vary tremendously. People here are both thinkers and doers. They come from a multitude of backgrounds and bring expertise across disciplines and industries—including, healthcare, food and beverage ingredients, industrial manufacturing, software, technology, financial services, and many others. This collection of talent—analytical and artistic, curious and collaborative, passionate and energetic—is what makes working at Slack and Company both fascinating and fun. It’s also what keeps our clients coming back and new clients knocking on our door. With such diversity, our goal is to connect one innovative world-changing business with another—quickly, deeply and with value for all.
Is this the right fit?
We’re looking for a creative and adaptable individual who can craft compelling short and long-form copy across the spectrum of brand, advertising and marketing efforts for our clients—from print, to digital and interactive experiences, to event marketing and beyond. One day you may be naming a new product for one client, and the next day, writing a video or website for another. You’ll join a creative team that’s fast-paced, but knows how to have fun.
The position requires you to be able to dig in and learn new industries, and enjoy doing it; concept and write original and differentiating content, and knock our socks off with it; present and communicate concepts and copy to internal and client teams, and do it with confidence; and proofread and edit like a pro—no one likes a typo.
You’ll help define tone, style, structure and voice for clients, collaborating directly with Content Strategists, Creative Directors, Digital, Brand and Account Strategists, Art Directors and Designers. And you’ll contribute to the culture of our team, helping us elevate the creative and quality standards of our work every day.
Your background and strengths:
- Five to seven years of experience, preferably with some experience with writing for B2B
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must
- A solid knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs: Mac OS, MS Word, PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Steeped in the latest offline and online (desktop, tablet and mobile) marketing tactics
- Passion for the creative process and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Possess an intensely curious nature to dig deep into a client’s product or business
- Creatively ambidextrous—possessing the ability to create pithy headlines for a banner ad campaign or copy for entire websites, motivational email copy or a script for a three-minute video
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Able to take direction and deliver copy that is on strategy and reflective of feedback
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and clients
If this sounds like you, give Monika a holler at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include your cover letter, resume and a few of your best writing samples.