Freelance Production Artist
Our award-winning integrated marketing communications agency seeks a freelance Production Artist to work onsite on a 3-month project, possibly longer, starting April 1, 2017.
The Production Artist works with the Production Manager and other Production Artists on assigned projects and executes electronic mechanicals that meet industry standards as well as agency and client brand standards. Projects include marketing brochures, sales collateral, such as technical and product bulletins, and case studies.
- Responsible for building and prepping electronic mechanical files for release to production vendors/printers and generating PDFs for electronic distribution on websites
- Provide accurate and on-time creation of production of electronic files
- Proactively identify potential print challenges and escalate accordingly for resolution/direction
- Adheres to ever-changing deadlines while consistently delivering accuracy
- Comfortable taking directions
- Follows print specifications and digital requirements for constructing files
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Visual Communications/Graphic Design
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience as a Production Artist
- Portfolio focused on print collateral - sales sheets, brochures, technical bulletins
- Proficient with current version of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Professional)
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office - specifically Microsoft Word
- Unwavering attention to detail and quality focused
- Highly organized with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects with total accuracy and attention to detail
- Works well as a team player in a flexible, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, resourceful, problem solving and self-starter
- Must be able to furnish own computer equipment (laptop and monitor if you desire) and have latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Must be able to work onsite for duration of the project agency during business hours (9am to 5pm) and have flexibility of working remotely and independently on weekends
If you think you have what we’re looking for and want the opportunity to produce great work for some of the most recognized brands in the industry, send your resume and at least 5 PDFs (nothing over 10MB, please) or the link to your portfolio site to: email@example.com
Due to the volume of responses, we will only contact you if we think it makes sense to know more about you. Thank you for your interest in Slack and Company.